Nathan K. Finney
Editorial Advisory Panel
Nathan K. Finney is an officer in the U.S. Army.
He is a member of Infinity Journal's Editorial Advisory Board, and also a term member at the Council on Foreign Relations; a Non-Resident Fellow at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute; a member of the Society for Military History; a member of the Army Strategist Association; a former Non-Resident Fellow at the Modern War Institute at West Point; the creator, co-founder, and first Executive Director of the non-profit organization The Strategy Bridge; a founder and former board member of the Military Writers Guild; founder and first Managing Director of the Military Fellowship at the Project on International Peace & Security; and a founding board member of the Defense Entrepreneurs Forum.
Nathan holds masters degrees in Public Administration from Harvard University and the University of Kansas, as well as a B.A. in Anthropology from the University of Arizona.
You can find Nate on Twitter @NKFinney.
• “The Human Terrain Team Handbook”, Government Printing Office, September 2008.
• “Unity of Effort: A Culture of Cooperation and the Cooperation of Cultural Systems,” Armor and Cavalry Journal, January/February 2009.
• “Human Terrain Support to Current Operations,” Infantry Magazine, March/April 2009.
• “Developing Foreign Security Forces In the Era of Persistent Conflict,” Army Magazine, January 2010.
• “A Culture of Inclusion: Defense, Diplomacy, and Development as a Modern American Foreign Policy,” Small Wars Journal, 26 September 2010.
• “Building Police Capacity in Afghanistan: The Challenges of a Multilateral Approach,” PRISM, Volume 2, Number 1, November 2010.
• “Security, Capacity, and Literacy,” Military Review, January/February 2011.
• “Building the Security Force that Won’t Leave,” Joint Forces Quarterly, July 2011.
• “Developing a Sustainable Security Force,” Canadian Military Journal, July 2011.
• “Helping the Afghans Help Themselves,” Proceedings, July 2011.
• “The Army Ethic, Public Trust, and the Profession of Arms,” Military
Review, September 2011.
• “Why Operational Access Is No Revolution,” Rethinking Security, 3 April 2012.
• “Using Technology to Train America’s Decisive Force,” Army Magazine, May 2012.
• “Advisors: Creating a Strategic Effect or Political Window Dressing?,” Kabul Cable, 21 September 2012.
• "Air-Sea Battle as a Military Contribution to Strategy Development," Infinity Journal, 31 October 2012.
• "Preventing Mass Atrocities in Sub-Saharan Africa through Strategic Engagement", Military Review, 1 November 2012.
• "Constructive Disruption: The Defense Entrepreneurs Forum," Small Wars Journal, 5 April 2013.
• "Using the Threat of Violence to Contain Syria: An External Approach," Infinity Journal, Volume 3, Issue No. 3, Summer 2013, pages 13-16.
• "Why the Defense Entrepreneurs Forum Matters: Peripheral Networks & Innovation," War on the Rocks, 21 October 2013.
• "Out of Balance: Rebalancing Access and Overcoming Denial," The Journal of Military Operations, 20 January 2014.
• “Relativity and Negotiation: Core Elements of a General Theory of Strategy”, Infinity Journal, The Strategy Bridge Special Edition, March 2014
Editorial Advisory Panel
- Colin Gray Editorial Advisory Panel
- Antulio Echevarria Editorial Advisory Panel
- Edward Luttwak Editorial Advisory Panel
- Shay Shabtai Editorial Advisory Panel
- Donald Stoker Editorial Advisory Panel
- Peri Golan Editorial Advisory Panel
- Hugh Smith, AM Editorial Advisory Panel
- David Betz Editorial Advisory Panel
- Kevin C.M. Benson Editorial Advisory Panel
- Gur Laish Editorial Advisory Panel
- Nathan K. Finney Editorial Advisory Panel
- Eitan Shamir Editorial Advisory Panel
- Kobi Michael Editorial Advisory Panel
- Ron Tira Editorial Advisory Panel