Editorial Advisory Panel
Edward N. Luttwak is an American strategist, author, and security and defense consultant. He received his PhD from the Johns Hopkins University, and he lectures at universities and military colleges both in the United States and abroad. Luttwak is a world-renowned strategist and he is currently a senior associate at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington D.C., a bipartisan foreign policy think-tank. He has also served as a consultant to the U.S. Office of the Secretary of Defense, the U.S. National Security Council, the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, and U.S. Air Force, as well as a number of allied governments and international corporations and financial institutions. Luttwak has testified before several congressional and presidential commissions, including the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 2007. In 2004, the University of Bath awarded Dr. Luttwak with an honorary degree.
In 2001, one of Luttwak’s seminal works, Strategy: The Logic of War and Peace (originally published in 1987) was enlarged and revised. His latest book is The Rise of China vs. the Logic of Strategy (Harvard, 2011).
Very abridged list of books and articles - (Contact IJ's publisher for full list)
The Grand Strategy of the Roman Empire (John Hopkins, 1976–2005)
The Israeli Army (with Dan Horowitz), (Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1983)
Strategy and History (New Jersey, 1985)
Coup d’etat (Harvard, 1985)
Turbo-Capitalism: Winners and Losers in the Global Economy (Harper Perennial, 2000)
Strategy: The Logic of War and Peace (Harvard 2011, revised and enlarged).
The Grand Strategy of the Byzantine Empire (Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2009).
The Rise of China vs. the Logic of Strategy (Harvard, 2011).
“Give War a Chance” (Foreign Affairs, 1999),
"Iraq: The Logic of Disengagement" (Foreign Affairs, 2005)
"Take Me Back to Constantinople" (Foreign Policy Magazine, 2009)
"Why China Will Not Become the Next Global Power… But It Could” (Infinity Journal, 2011)
"The President Has Been Given a False Choice on Iran" (Wall Street Journal 2012)
Editorial Advisory Panel
- Colin Gray Editorial Advisory Panel
- Antulio Echevarria Editorial Advisory Panel
- Edward Luttwak Editorial Advisory Panel
- Shay Shabtai Editorial Advisory Panel
- Kevin C.M. Benson Editorial Advisory Panel
- Hugh Smith, AM Editorial Advisory Panel
- David Betz Editorial Advisory Panel
- Gur Laish Editorial Advisory Panel
- Mark D. Mandeles Editorial Advisory Panel
- Nathan K. Finney Editorial Advisory Panel
- Eitan Shamir Editorial Advisory Panel
- Kobi Michael Editorial Advisory Panel
- Ron Tira Editorial Advisory Panel
- C. Dale Walton Editorial Advisory Panel